Designed for electronics in your home or office, such as computers and related equipment, the Back-UPS BVN650M1 Battery Backup & Surge Protector from APC provides clean battery power when power is interrupted or fluctuates outside of expected levels. In the case of a power outage, it can provide up to 1.9 minutes of runtime at max load and 10 minutes at half load. It also provides an output capacity of 650 VA / 360W, seven total NEMA 5-15R outlets (five battery backup & surge and two surge-only), an input voltage of 120 VAC at 60 Hz ± 5 Hz using its 5' cord with a NEMA 5-15P plug, and a surge energy rating of 490 joules. Its sealed lead-acid battery is maintenance-free and can be recharged in 6-8 hours. Two of the battery & surge outlets and spaced widely to accommodate larger plugs, and there is also a 2.1A USB Type-A charging port that is MFi certified for smartphones and tablets.
- Output: 650 VA / 360W
- Input: 120 VAC @ 60 Hz ± 5 Hz
- 7 x Total NEMA 5-15R Outlets
- 5 x Battery Backup & Surge Outlets
- 2 x Surge-Only Outlets
- USB Type-A Charging Port (2.1A, MFi)
- NEMA 5-15P Input Connection (5' Cord)
- 490 Joules Surge Energy Rating
- Double-Conversion Online Topology
- Simulated Sine Waveform
USB Type-A Charging Port
The USB Type-A charging port is MFi certified and provides 2.1A for smartphones and tablets.
The mute button allows for the simple silencing of the battery backup alarms.
Adjustable Voltage Sensitivity
Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications
Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS power conditions.
Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
Battery Failure Notification
Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance.
Building Wiring Fault Indicator
This LED informs users of potentially dangerous wiring problems in the wall circuit.
Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
Battery-Protected and Surge-Only Outlets
Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require UPS battery back-up while providing surge-only protection for less critical equipment
Protect secondary electronics from surges and spikes without reducing battery power used to run primary electronics during an outage.
LED Status Display
Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
Intelligent Battery Management
Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
- Total Outlets: 7 x NEMA 5-15R (2 Transformer-Sized)
- Protected Outlets: 5 x NEMA 5-15R (Battery and Surge), 2 x NEMA 5-15R (Surge Only)
- Plug Type: NEMA 5-15P Right-Angle
- USB Charging Ports: 1 x USB Type-A (2.1 A)
- Transfer Time: 6 to 10 ms
- Surge Energy Rating: 490 Joules
- Maximum Wattage: 360 W
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120 VAC
- Input Voltage Adjustable Range: 88 to 143 VAC
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz ± 5 Hz (Auto Sensing)
- Nominal Output Voltage: 120 VAC
- Output Frequency: 50/60 Hz ± 1 Hz
- Load Capacity: 650 VA
- Circuit Breaker Rating: 7 A
- Waveform: Simulated Sine Wave
- Battery Capacity: 72 VAh
- Chemistry: Lead-Acid
- Full-Load Runtime: 1.9 Minutes
- Half-Load Runtime: 10 Minutes
- Recharge Time: 6 to 8 Hours
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 90%
- Storage Temperature: 5 to 113°F / -15 to 45°C
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 6666' / 0.0 to 2031 m
- Storage Altitude: 0 to 10,000' / 0.0 to 3048 m
- Certifications: CEC, CSA, FCC, UL, cTUVus, as per Manufacturer
- Cable Length: 5' / 1.5 m
- Rackmount Size: None