The MacBook Air continues to be equipped with a Retina display with slimmer, less distracting black bezels that better match the slimmer bezels of the MacBook Pro. With more than 4 million pixels and a resolution of 2560×1600, the MacBook Air’s display offers 48 percent more color than pre-2018 models for more lifelike images. At the top of the display, there’s a FaceTime HD camera and a three microphone array for better sound. New in 2019 is a True Tone display that matches the white balance of the monitor to the ambient lighting in the room to make for a more natural viewing experience.
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Retina Display
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Backlit Keyboard – US English
Like the MacBook Pro, the 2019 MacBook Air features an upgraded third-generation butterfly keyboard that improves upon the build quality of the previous-generation butterfly keyboard. According to Apple, the upgraded third-generation butterfly keyboard features “new materials,” but there are no details on what those new materials are. Apple says the new design will significantly cut down on keyboard failures that have impacted prior versions of the butterfly keyboard.
The 2018 and 2019 MacBook Air include a larger Force Touch trackpad much like the MacBook Pro. The Force Touch trackpad has no traditional buttons and is instead powered by a set of Force Sensors, allowing users to press anywhere on the trackpad to get the same response. A Taptic Engine powered by magnets provides users with tactile feedback when using the trackpad, replacing the feel of a physical button press.
Two USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports are included in the MacBook Air. With Thunderbolt 3, the MacBook Air can support 4K and 5K displays and connect to eGPUs for faster graphics capabilities when necessary.
Apple’s 2019 MacBook Air continues to offer a Retina display that’s much sharper, crisper, and clearer than the previous non-Retina displays used in the MacBook Air prior to 2018.
New to the 2019 MacBook Air is support for True Tone, which is designed to tweak the color of the display to match the lighting in the room. True Tone works through a multi-channel ambient light sensor that’s included in the new MacBook Air models, which is able to determine both the brightness of the room and the color temperature. After detecting the white balance, the MacBook Air is able to adjust both the color and intensity of the display to match the room’s lighting for a more natural, paper-like viewing experience that also cuts down on eyestrain.
- ASIN: B07VPDGYCQ
- Color: Space Grey
- Series: MacBook Air
- RAM Size: 8 GB
- Brand Name: Apple
- Form Factor: Laptop
- Item Weight: 4 Kg
- Screen Size: 13.3 inches
- Wireless Type: 802.11ac
- Processor Type: Intel Core i5
- Hard Drive Size: 256 GB
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Processor Count: 2
- Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 Kg
- Operating System: Mac OS X
- Connectivity Type: Wi-Fi
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Item model number: MVFJ2AB/A
- Memory Technology: LPDDR3
- Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Optical Drive Type: No
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches
- Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
- Date First Available: July 12, 2019
- Graphics Coprocessor: Intel
- Hard Disk Description: SSD
- Graphics Card Description: Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Lithium Battery Packaging: Batteries contained in equipment
- Display Resolution Maximum: 2560 x 1600 pixels
- Number Of Lithium Ion Cells: 5
- Lithium Battery Energy Content: 30 watt_hours
- Average Battery Life (in hours): 12 hours