The Dell S3422DWG is a very good 34 inch 1440p ultrawide monitor with a VA panel. It has good contrast and great black uniformity, so it looks great in a dark room. It's not too shabby in a bright room, either, as it has good reflection handling and great peak brightness in SDR. It's mainly marketed as a gaming monitor. It delivers a great gaming experience with a good response time at the max refresh rate, excellent low input lag, and support for FreeSync variable refresh rate technology. Although it's not officially G-SYNC compatible, it's also possible to still use G-SYNC over DisplayPort, but unfortunately, it doesn't work properly if your frame rate drops below 60fps. Sadly, like most VA panels, the image degrades at an angle, so it's not the best for co-op gaming.
- 34” 1800R curved screen with 21:9 aspect ratio and 3-sided ultra-thin bezels that envelop you with minimal distractions.
- WQHD resolution (3440x1440) offers 34% more screen pixels than QHD giving you sharp, crystal-clear details and a panoramic view.
- VA panel technology delivers an expanded 3000:1 contrast ratio and boasts a 90% DCI-P3 color coverage with 16.7 million colors. You’ll enjoy deeper blacks, brighter whites and vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle.
- The Dell 34 Gaming Monitor is VESA DisplayHDR™ 400-certified, allowing you to see more detail and color than an SDR display, and ensuring remarkable clarity and high contrast for strikingly lifelike visuals.
- When you’re in the thick of battle, you’ll never miss any critical details with seamless, low-latency gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium Technologyi.
- A 144Hz refresh rate allows quick-moving visuals to be seen with incredible clarity for speedier reaction times. Faster reaction times means you stay ahead of the competition. Plus, a 1ms MPRT/2ms GtG (Gray-to-Gray) response time gives you seamless performance without motion blur.
- A new uniquely designed downlight provides ambient and desktop illumination ideal for gaming in low-light conditions.
- Vents featured on the back of the monitor are engineered for enhanced heat dispersal so you can game all day.
- Game in comfort for extended periods thanks to a new slim, tapered stand with easy height, tilt and slant adjustability. The angled base provides sturdy support and a smaller footprint, allowing you to be closer to the action.
- Three user-defined profiles offer even more personalization options. The Timer, FPS Counter and Dark Stabilizer let you manage everything from frame rates to brightness to shadow control. You can also navigate and manage the OSD menus with new joystick and shortcut buttons on the back of the monitor.
- Controlling the brightness using a direct current enables a flicker-free screen, giving you a more comfortable viewing experience.
- The ComfortView software solution reduces harmful blue light emissions to help reduce eye fatigue for your next marathon gaming session.
- Screen Size: 34-inch
- Screen Curvature: 1800R
- Resolution: 3440×1440 (UWQHD)
- Panel Type: VA
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9 (UltraWide)
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Response Time (GtG): 2ms (GtG)
- Response Time (MPRT): 1ms (MPRT)
- Adaptive-Sync: FreeSync Premium Pro (48-144Hz)
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0
- Other Ports Headphone: Jack, Audio-Out,, 4x USB 3.0
- Brightness: 400 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1 (static)
- Colors: 1.07 billion (8-bit + FRC), 90% DCI-P3
- HDR: DisplayHDR 400
- VESA: Yes (100x100mm)