For all life's opportunities. With over 1 billion PCs and Macs running Office, Microsoft Office is the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite ever. And Office for Mac 2011 is here to help you do more with your Mac your way. Use familiar applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to help you take your ideas further. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. Store your files in a password protected online SkyDrive folder to access, edit, or share your work from virtually anywhere with the free Office Web Apps.
Its time to manage your life -- and your work -- on your terms. Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 makes it easier than ever to share your ideas with just about anyone. Create professional quality documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Collaborate with virtually anyone, whether theyre on a Mac or PC. Track all your calendars, contacts, and to-do lists from one convenient spot.
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Home and Student Edition Combines:
- Microsoft Word for Mac
- Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
- Microsoft Excel for Mac
- Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Word for Mac 2011
Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit, and share your work easily on the web.
- Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view
- Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles
- Work in Full Screen view to maximize space for reading and writing documents
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering
- View, edit, store, and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
Excel for Mac 2011
Clarify your financial picture with easy-to-analyze spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share, or coauthor with your team from virtually anywhere.
- Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars, and color scales
- Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell
- Spend more time analyzing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables
- Organize, filter, and format related data with Excel tables
- Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic
- View, edit, store, and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
- Remove backgrounds or add color filters to your photos right within PowerPoint
- Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online
- Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering
- Rehearse, check your timing, and take notes in Presenter View
- View, edit, store, and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live SkyDrive
- Share and coauthor PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they’re using Office on a Mac or PC
Outlook for Mac 2011
Manage your email and calendars with features that simplify staying connected and up to date.
- Clean up your inbox by collapsing long email threads into a single conversations
- View your calendar within your e-mail and see your schedule displayed within a meeting invitation
- Easily import your Outlook .pst files when you set up your new Mac
- Consolidate e-mail from multiple accounts into a single folder
- Manage your schedule and contacts without opening Outlook
- Review your attachments with Quick Look, archive your files with Time Machine, and use Spotlight to search your e-mail
Office for Mac 2011 is built to keep up with you and your work. Across the suite, applications launch faster and are ready to get to work when you are. Reorder Objects enables the rearrangement of layers of graphics in Word or PowerPoint with a stunning interactive interface. And Full-Screen View in Word allows you to focus on your work, and lets the interface controls and the distractions of instant messages and email fade way.
Performance improvements: Faster, smoother, better.
Office for Mac 2011 gives you an enhanced user experience overall, as performance and launch times have been improved in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Your documents feel "lighter", since they load fast, and respond quickly to your commands. And searching text within documents has never been faster.
Reorder Objects: Move objects and data around, and through, your documents.
Word and PowerPoint give you the ability to create rich documents, by layering text, shapes, pictures, SmartArt, animations, and charts. With Office for Mac 2011, you can now easily reorder all these elements with a stunningly simple visual interface that make the management of your sophisticated designs not so complex.
Word Full-Screen View: Let your content be front and center.
Now you can tailor your use of Word depending on whether you want to write your document, or read it. Full-Screen View gives you a limited user-interface and blocks interruptions from email and instant messages, helping you to keep your focus on your content.
Work More Efficiently
Office for Mac 2011 gives you familiar tools to get the most out of all your projects.
Make the Most of Every Minute
Create documents from polished templates. Rely on Outlook for Mac for your e-mail needs and more. And use the Office for Mac ribbon interface that gives you the tools you need at your fingertips and a familiar Office experience across PC and Mac. What could be more efficient than that?
Template Gallery: More themes, more templates, more customizable.
Easily access thousands of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2011 themes and templates, and use them to create beautiful, professional-looking documents. Quickly find recent documents so you can get right back to work. You can also customize and preview any theme or template before selecting it--so you know you've got what you need on the first try.
New Database and Conversation View: Consolidate and easily access your e-mail.
Office for Mac 2011 delivers a new application for all your mission-critical e-mails, scheduling, contacts, and more - Outlook for Mac 2011. The new database stores data in individual, accessible files, making Outlook for Mac compatible with Spotlight and Time Machine. The new Outlook for Mac also enables you to manage long e-mail conversations into a simple, compact form--so you can quickly get up to speed on the whole story.
Perform common tasks, fast.
Office for Mac 2011 features a dynamic ribbon interface that puts commonly used features right where you need them, in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook for Mac. We've translated the ribbon for the Mac to help streamline the creation of polished documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and e-mail. Office for Mac 2011 feels familiar, whether you are a longtime Mac user or use Office on a PC.
Designed to impress
Office for Mac 2011 helps create high-impact documents that do your ideas justice.
Rely on professional, polished results
Make your documents as professional as the great ideas behind them. Easy-to-build visuals and graphics underscore ideas and data to make your reports and presentations pop. And you can rely on your documents looking and behaving as you designed them--whether they are viewed on a Mac or a PC.
Excel: Smarter, sharper ways to visualize and present your data.
In Excel 2011, Sparklines give you the ability to easily create charts and graphs that quickly summarize your data. With Sparklines, also available in Windows-based Office 2010, you can see--and show--the story your data is telling, in a compact space. And Excel 2011 PivotTables are easily manipulated and highly compatible with the Windows version--making working with your data even easier and more intuitive.
Photo Editing: Give your projects more visual impact.
Edit images from within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Recolor photos and images, apply filters and corrections, and even remove extraneous background imagery, right from the application itself. There's no need to leave the Office applications to create visuals that impress.
Compatibility: You look more professional when you're compatible.
Office for Mac 2011 delivers reliable compatibility between Mac- and Windows-based computers, ensuring that your work looks the way you intended when it's opened by teachers, your boss, or your customers. Shared tools and file formats between Office for Mac and Windows-based Office mean that your polished reports, presentations, and spreadsheets look and behave just as you designed them.
Work Better Together
Office for Mac 2011 is all about teamwork. No matter where your teammates are.
Be more efficient, wherever you are
Work together easily and efficiently, with cloud-hosted Web Apps that let individuals and businesses share, edit, and interact with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents. Collaboration has never been easier--wherever you, your colleagues, and your clients are located.
Coauthoring: One document, multiple writers.
Coauthor documents in real time, with as many contributors as you like. Office for Mac 2011 gives you better ways to work together--so that you never have to worry about version control again. It's compatible with Office for Windows", so you can share with virtually anyone. And if your team needs to meet, quickly transition to a video or live chat with Messenger for Mac.
Outlook: See your invitations and your calendar, at a glance.
Inline calendaring now happens right in your inbox--so you don't have to switch back and forth from your calendar to e-mail. When you get a meeting invitation, you can instantly see if you have a conflict. You can also see custom calendar views based on categories. And easily plan your day to get more done.
PowerPoint: Put on a show--anywhere--with Broadcast Slide Show.
Now you can remotely present your PowerPoint slides to anyone with an Internet connection. Your viewers don't even need to have PowerPoint installed to view your show. You control the pace and the flow of your presentation, just as if you were meeting face to face. And you don't need to worry about e-mailing big files; just send the URL generated by PowerPoint and let the show begin.