The DM-720 from Olympus is a digital recording device capable of storing files in Linear PCM (WAV) formats as well as MP3. It can operate at sample rates up to 48 kHz and resolutions up to 16-bit. Lightweight at 2.5 oz, it's a compact and portable recorder with a Tresmic three-microphone system for capturing a full and detailed stereo sound. An included USB cable allows you to connect to computers directly and recharge a NiMH AAA battery sitting within its enclosure—should you opt for a rechargeable battery over its included alkaline one. Lastly, its transcription, voice-balancing, and voice-playback modes render the unit quite useful in note-taking situations, such as business meetings or interviews.
The DM-720 features a Tresmic three-microphone system to capture depth, fullness, and stereo field.
48 kHz / 16-bit Capability:
The DM-720 supports linear PCM recording up to 16-bit and sampling frequencies as high as 48 kHz for CD quality and beyond.
Intelligent Auto Mode:
This mode automatically adjusts the microphone sensitivity according to the input level in real time.
On-Board Low-Cut Filter:
This filter effectively reduces frequencies lower than 300 Hz when instantiated.
Voice Playback Function:
This function allows you to skip non-voice parts during playback and only play the parts of the file where there is vocal content, thus saving time during business-oriented listening sessions.
In Transcription Mode, the DM-720 will automatically rewind three seconds after you click stop, so you can check the contents of what you just heard before proceeding. Also, the fast forward is preset to 3.5x so you can skip the silence in your recording.
Auto Voice Balancer:
Balances all recorded voices on playback to make dialogue easier to hear
The voice guidance feature provides audio announcements of the recorders operations in an easy to understand spoken voice.
Powerfully reduce unwanted ambiance during playback
Direct PC Connection:
The built-in USB connector can be deployed and stored using the slide lever. With this feature, you can connect directly to a computer without using an external cable or software.
Split files by topic or size for easy file management
The DM-720 comes with an attachment that can be fastened to the back of the recorder for use as a stand or clip. The clip can be attached to your pocket or notebook, or it can be used as a stand to direct the recorder towards a signal source.
- Record in PCM (WAV) or MP3 Formats
- 48 kHz / 24-bit Capable
- Internal 4GB Memory & microSD Expansion
- Voice Guidance System & Voice Actuator
- Tresmic Three-Microphone System
- Built-In Speaker
- 1 x Stereo Microphone 3.5mm Input
- 1 x Stereo Headphone 3.5mm Output
- Connect Direct to USB via Included Cable
- Type: Digital
- Mode: Stereo
- Recording Format: MP3, PCM (WAV)
- Bit-Depth: 8,16
- Bit-Rate: 8 kbps - 128 kbps
- Sample Rate: 11.025 kHz - 48 kHz
- Recording Time: HQ Stereo: 61 Hours,HQ Mono: 123 Hours,LP Mono: 985 Hours
- One-Click Recording: Yes
- Voice Activated Recording: Yes
- Microphone Type: Internal Stereo - 3 Elements
- Microphone: Sensitivity High,Medium,Low,Auto SENS Setting
- Pickup Pattern: Omni-Directional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Playback Formats: PCM (WAV)
- Speaker: Yes
- Power Output: 150 mW
- Indicators: Power, Low Battery, Recording, Voice Volume
- Battery Type: 1 x AAA
- Battery Life (approx.): Recording: 52 Hours
- Playback: 35 Hours
- Power Adapter: No
- Internal Memory: Installed: Flash Memory - 4 GB
- Compatible Memory Cards: microSD
- Connectors: 1/8" mini Female Microphone In,1/8" mini Female Headphone Out
- USB: USB 2.0 (A)
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 1.6 x 4.17 x .57" / 4.06 x 10.59 x 1.45 cm
- Weight: 2.5 oz / 71 g