Samsung 970 EVO | 500GB V-NAND NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
Accelerate into next-gen computing. The Samsung 970 EVO delivers breakthrough speeds, best-in-class reliability, and a broad range of capacity options up to 2TB*. The latest V-NAND, new Phoenix controller, and Intelligent TurboWrite technology enhance high-end gaming and 4K & 3D graphic editing.
- Management Software
- Firmware Update
- Performance Benchmark
- Data Security
Next level SSD speed
Feel the NVMe difference. The 970 EVO transforms high-end gaming and streamlines graphic-intensive workflows with the new Phoenix controller and Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Get stunning sequential read/write speeds of 3,500/2,500 MB/s*, up to 32% faster writes than the previous generation.
The next advancement in NVMe SSDs. The 970 EVO fits up to 2TB onto the compact M.2 (2280) form factor, greatly expanding storage capacity and saving space for other components. Samsung's innovative technology empowers you with the capacity to do more and accomplish more.
The new standard in sustainable performance. Get up to 1,200 TBW* with a 5-year limited warranty, achieving 50 percent higher than the previous generation. The 970 EVO provides exceptional endurance powered by the latest V-NAND technology and Samsungâs reputation for quality.
Achieve a new level of drive confidence. Samsungâs advanced nickel-coated controller and heat spreader on the 970 EVO enable superior heat dissipation. The Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops.
Advanced drive management made simple. Samsung Magician software will help you keep an eye on your drive. A suite of user-friendly tools helps keep your drive up to date, monitor drive health and speed, and even boost performance.
- Series: SSD 970 EVO
- Usage Application: Client PCs
- Interface: PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- Capacity: 500 GB (1 GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA)
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 3,400 MB/s
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 2,300 MB/s
- Random Read Speed: Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 370,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 15,000 IOPS Random Read
- Random Write Speed: Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 450,000 IOPS Random Write
- Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 50,000 IOPS Random Write
- Controller: Samsung Phoenix Controller
- NAND Flash: Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
- Trim Support: Supported
- AES Encryption: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- S.M.A.R.T. Support: Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Internal Storage: Yes
- Temperature proof: Yes
- NVMe: Yes
- Gaming SSDs: Yes
- Average Power Consumption (system level): Average: 5.7 W, Maximum: 10 W (Burst mode)
- Power consumption (Idle): Max. 30 mW
- Voltage: 3.3 V Â± 5 % Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 â Operating Temperature
- Shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Form Factor: M.2 (2280)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.16'' x 0.09'' x 0.87''
- Weight: 0.0175 lbs.
- Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty or 300 TBW Limited Warranty
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.