Enjoy free shipping on all orders over $99! Shipping Details
Our main priority is ensuring your complete satisfaction See Details
Our formula of success has led growth of WD Red into higher capacities and expansion into new 2.5-inch solutions. We now offer a broader, more comprehensive portfolio of NAS hard drives for our customers. It is not just about NAS drives, it is REDvolutionary.
- Available in capacities ranging from 1-14TB with support for up to 8 bays
- Supports up to 180 TB/yr workload rate
- NASware firmware for compatibility
- Small or medium business NAS systems in a 24x7 environment
Next generation experience
Every component, line of code, and product decision was built on our passion and determination to deliver the best NAS experience.The next generation of WD Red hard drives delivers on this promise with massive capacity and NASware 2.0, which further improves drive reliability and protects your data in the event of a power loss or power disruption.
Experienced in NAS
In all of our cultures around the world, first impressions are what leave a mark. With superior technology that is driven to impress, WD Red is a reflection of the most extensive NAS partner compatibility-testing list that is available on the market*. That means when you buy a NAS enclosure, you can trust that WD Red will be the most compatible drive available. Our pride is in our product and our vision is shared with our customers.
NAS for home
Take your connected home environment to the next level with a NAS system that is equipped with WD Red hard drives and enjoy streaming your media, backing up your computers, file sharing and managing your digital content faster and easier.WD Red's NASware 2.0 experience with increased compatibility makes sharing from your mobile device, computer, TV, stereo and more an instant gratification. And with capacities now available in 4 TB, a 5-bay NAS system can hold close to 20 terabytes of data!
NAS for small business
Increase the efficiency and productivity of your small business with WD Red hard drives for your 1 to 5 bay NAS system. WD Red comes equipped with NASware 2.0, which increases system compatibility allowing for seamless integration with your existing network infrastructure. Add value to your business by enabling your employees to quickly share their files and back up folders reliably with WD Red NAS hard drives in your NAS solution.
Exclusive NASware 2.0 technology
Our exclusive technology, NASware 2.0, makes WD Red thrive in the demanding small-NAS environment. By adding WD Red to your NAS system, not only is everything more efficient and reliable, you get to enjoy a REDvolutionary NAS experience.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Rotational Speed: IntelliPower
- Buffer Size: 64 MB
- Load/unload Cycles: 600,000 minimum
- Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 6 Gb/s (Max)
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Operating Shock: (Read) 30G, 2 ms
- Non-operating: Shock 300G, 2 ms
- Idle Mode: 31 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode: 0 34 dBA (average)
- Temperature (English) Operating: 41° F to 131° F
- Temperature (English) Non-operating: -40° F to 158° F
- Temperature (Metric) Operating: 5° C to 55° C
- Temperature (Metric) Non-operating: -40° C to 70° C