Do you keep wondering why you need to opt for a digital version of your software? Aside from the fact that the world is going digital, purchasing downloadable software is fast, reliable, and cost-effective. Above all, it has no risk of damage compared to a software box.
What Is the Difference Between A Software Retail Box And A Downloadable Version?
A downloadable software product is the digital version of the retail box. They are basically the same but with different installation methods. Just like a physical CD you buy at the store or an album you purchased digitally; same product, different presentation. For so many reasons, a digital software download is a great option to consider. You might be wondering how do you activate your digital software? Digital Software Products are sent via an email containing the link and the activation key. All you need to do is follow the guide keenly, through the installation process. Simple, fast and efficient.
Pros of getting a downloadable software by email.
- The most captivating feature of digital software is that you can install the software on your device/s in a couple of minutes. It is fast and efficient.
- Another exceptional advantage is that it is cost-effective since there are no shipping fees. Considering the current hike in gas price, carriers and the shipping company are forced to raise prices or take losses. And in turn, the receiver is being charged more to make up for their added costs, making downloadable a more economical choice.
- It saves time. There is no shipping duration. You can receive your product within a day, sometimes an hour after you’ve made the order!
- Opting for a software download email has limited risk, compared to purchasing a software retail box. There won’t be a need to worry about receiving a damaged or corrupted software box from the delivery man. When your software is received through email, you need not bother about accidentally throwing away the activation key copy or your mischievous dog chewing on the box.
- It also frees up some space in your home. Imagine having 6 different software boxes stacked on top of each other on your desks! Opting for a downloadable version will save you more money, you will also have more space for that second monitor you’ve always wanted. Less clutter gives you a healthy mind, and opting for software downloads gives you healthier pockets.
" Opting for a downloadable version will save you more money, you will also have more space for that second monitor you’ve always wanted. Less clutter gives you a healthy mind, and opting for software downloads gives you healthier pockets."
- Lastly, it helps protect and preserve the environment from all forms of pollution emanating from shipping. Consequently, there will be less use of paper, which is eco-friendly and reduces deforestation. Even if this is a tiny percentage, everything counts!
Conclusively, it is a well-known fact, that most software products no longer come in discs. Examples are Microsoft, Sage 50, QB, Antidote, and quite a number of antivirus software. So, it really doesn’t make sense to pay more and wait longer for a retail box. Downloadable versions are more efficient, convenient and economical for the win.
Still in Doubt?
Rest assured that you will always have access to your download link, if anything happens to your computer in the future, you can recover and transfer the program to a new computer, just by following these simple tips:
- You must have a valid product key to complete the installation of any digital product you intend to download, and this must be judiciously kept for future purposes. Do not fret, it is in your email inbox. Otherwise, contact the customer support of the online store you made a purchase from.
- As soon as you purchase your downloadable software, archive, star and/or save it to make sure it doesn't get lost in the sea of emails.
- Have an additional backup by forwarding the email to another inbox email. As simple as that! Your emails are independent of a system or virus. They are accessible anytime and anywhere as long as there’s internet! You can easily retrieve them any day.
Tips From Our Experts.
You might need to check out few things before purchasing your next software. It is important to note that all software products are final sale after the download email has been sent or the retail box has been opened. It is advisable to do adequate research on each product by checking the product description or call the manufacturer for a proper inquiry.
Below is a guide to answer your most frequently asked questions:
Does it work with mac or windows? Not all software are compatible with both devices. Oftentimes, it is only compatible with either a window device or a Mac system. Likewise, the window version is important to note. It is imperative you watch out for all these before purchase. For example, Nuance Dragon Professional Individual is made to work with Windows operating systems only.
How many computers can I install it in? Our antivirus collections have flexible options for how many devices and how many years you’d want your antivirus subscriptions active. Other software may be limited to one and that is why it's important to do some research before purchasing.
Is it a subscription or a perpetual version? it is important you understand the subscription package. A lot of software package comes with an annual subscription which can either be an automatic renewal or as a charge. A good example would be Sage 50 whose 2021 version is the last perpetual version they have released. The 2022 version of Sage 50 may be a desktop version but it needs to be renewed for next year in order to continue usage.
Although, returns and exchange are only possible under very limited conditions. To know more, visit https://itfactory.ca/pages/returns-exchanges, where you have a comprehensive list of all you need to know about refunds and exchanges.
For your software upgrades and purchases, visit ITFactory.ca.