Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard
Windows Server 2019 redefines the category delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization networking storage user experience cloud computing automation and more. Simply put Windows Server 2019 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver a whole new level of business value.
Build Your Future with Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition
Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition is the cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to cloud computing when you are ready.
Safeguard Your Business
Windows Server Standard has security built in to help safeguard data across devices and apps onsite or in the cloud, and help you recover from business disruptions.
Improve IT Efficiency and Productivity
Windows Server Standard gives you the business tools of a much larger company to help increase efficiency and maximize your IT investment
Be Ready for the Cloud
Whether you are moving to the cloud now or in the future, Windows Server Standard gives you the best of both worlds with technologies designed for hybrid cloud IT environments.
Windows Server 2019 Licensing and CALS
Licensing is core-based and works with Client Access Licenses (CALs):
- New computing models enable greater mobility of data and apps between on-premises and cloud.
- Moving to Core Licensing model establishes a common currency for computing resources on-premises or in the cloud.
- Core Licensing model aligns to the evolution of hardware technology shift to core density, versus processor density.
- CAL required for each user and/or device accessing a licensed Windows Server instance.
To be compliant all physical cores must be licensed:
- Minimum 8 core licenses/processor.
- Minimum 16 core licenses/server.
- Licensing Details: 64-bit
- Media kit: DVD-ROM
- License: 10 CALs, 16 cores
- Localization: English
- Model: Server 2019 Standard