Important Notice: This product is not compatible with Mac Operating Systems, it will only function on Windows Operating Systems.
Microsoft Visio 2013 Standard is designed for individuals who are looking for a powerful diagramming platform with a rich set of built-in stencils. It helps users to simplify complex information through simple, easy-to-understand diagrams. Visio Standard includes stencils for business, basic network diagrams, organization charts, basic flowcharts, and general multi-purpose diagrams.
Get a jump start on your diagram
Take advantage of built-in templates, many with updated shapes. Visio Standard includes stencils for:
- General diagrams, such as basic and block
- Business diagrams, such as audit, brainstorming, marketing, and organization charts
- Flowcharts, such as basic, cross-functional, and simple workflows
- Maps and floor plans
- Basic network shapes
- Schedule diagrams and timelines
Create and customize diagrams easily
- Create and customize professional-looking diagrams using a rich set of expanded and improved effects and themes that apply a completely different look to your design in just one or two clicks.
- Easily find the stencil you need with built-in search right from the start screen.
- Create, review, and edit diagrams on Windows 8 tablets using touch, with improved support for common activities (such as adding and removing shapes) and gestures (such as pinch to zoom).
- Get a better view of how your diagram will look when printed with a new print preview.
Perform common tasks quickly
- Get to frequently used tools right away with a significantly improved quick-access floating toolbar.
- Easily replace any shape (or combination of shapes) in a diagram while preserving your shape connections, shape metadata, and overall layout.
- Easily give your diagrams the look you want with improved alignment, spacing, and sizing guides and new ways to adjust the appearance of your shapes (such as with drag handles).
- Duplicate and reorder diagram pages while preserving your diagram layout and metadata.
Customize organization charts easily with template and wizard improvements
- Use a simple wizard to create your org chart and import data from Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange, or Microsoft Office 365.
- Quickly change the look of your org chart by applying one of several stylesâ€”from professional to playfulâ€”with just one click.
- Fine tune the way your org chart looks with improved layout options and a new ribbon tab that provides access to simple yet powerful controls.
- Easily add a personal touch to your org charts by importing pictures in bulk (either from your Exchange directory or from individual files). Your photos will be cropped automatically to fit the shape.
Give and act on feedback with improved commenting
- Enable others to add comments to a diagram from virtually any device, whether through Visio or through a browser using Visio Services (requires SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online).
- Make it instantly clear which part of the diagram a comment relates to by adding comments that are connected to a specific shape and that will move with the underlying shape (including across pages).
- Simplify how you manage feedback by responding to comments directly, deleting individual comments if they no longer apply, or filtering comments based on criteria that you set, such as by author or page.
- Get immediate clarification on feedback by initiating an instant messaging (IM) conversation or audio/video call with reviewers right from within Visio. (Requires a compliant IM application, such as Microsoft Lync.)
Visio 2013 Top Features
Simplify complex information with professional diagrams you can create in just a few clicks. Visio makes diagramming simpleâ€”whether you want to quickly capture a flowchart that you brainstormed on a whiteboard, map an IT network, build an organizational chart, document a business process, or draw a floor plan.
Create professional diagrams quickly with updated shapes, new formatting options and tools
- Quicker access to frequently used tools, new and updated shapes and stencils, and improved and expanded themes and effects make it easier to create professional diagrams.
- Updated diagramming standards are supported, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4 Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0, and you can now publish both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 workflows.
- Work the way you want with improved touch support, including for Windows 8 and Visio Services in the new Microsoft SharePoint, either with Microsoft Office 365 or on your company’s servers.
Link diagrams to dynamic data, making complex data understandable at a glance
- Options to make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, with an expanded set of supported sources.
Collaborate easily as a team on diagrams
- New tools simplify teamwork, enabling you to work together on the same diagram at the same time and easily see reviewer commentsâ€”in both Visio and Visio Services.
- Share your diagrams with others through a browser, even if they don’t have Visio installedâ€”through Office 365 or SharePoint.
Before you install any Microsoft Office 2013 product, we recommend that you verify that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for the product.
- 1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
Required Operating System
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
- 1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
Required Hard Disk Space
- 3.0 GB available
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
- .NET version 3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x
Additional System Requirements
Multi-touch: A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
Other System Requirements
Some functionality may vary, based on the system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Note: System requirements are rounded up to the nearest 0.5 GB, to be conservative. For example, if we measure an application’s required hard disk space to be 1.99 GB, we recommend 2.5 GB of disk space. Our hard disk system requirements are intentionally larger than the actual disk space usage of the software.
A graphics processor helps increase the performance of certain features, such as drawing tables in Excel 2013 or transitions, animations, and video integration in PowerPoint 2013. Use of a graphics processor with Office 2013 requires a Microsoft DirectX 10-compliant graphics processor that has 64 MB of video memory.