WD Blue™ internal hard drives deliver reliability for office and web applications. They are ideal for use as primary drives in desktop PCs and for office applications. With a range of capacities and cache sizes, there’s a WD Blue internal hard drive that’s just right for you.
- The Higher Standard In Storage
- Boost your PC storage with WD Blue drives, the brand designed just for desktop and all-in-one PCs with a variety of
- Storage capacities.
- Improve PC Performance
- Give your desktop a performance and storage boost when you combine your hard drive with an SSD to maximize speed of
- Data access and a WD Blue drive for up to 6TB of additional capacity.
- Plan for the Future
- With better technology comes bigger storage needs. Digital cameras that record ultra-high definition video at 4K
- Resolution and 30 frames per second require a ton of storage. Handling all that media is a snap with our 6TB drive.
NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
The recording head never touches the disk media, ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Low Power Consumption
State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features ensure low power consumption
Tested For Compatibility
We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Upgrading Your Drive Is Easy
Seamlessly migrate your current system to your new Western Digital drive using Acronis® True Image™ WD Edition software, available as a free download on the Western Digital Support site. This software enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don't have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
The Western Digital® Advantage
Western Digital puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. Western Digital also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the Western Digital Support site for full details. Recommended use - WD Desktop hard drives are tested and recommended for use in PCs, industrial applications and external enclosures.
- Capacity: 6 TB
- Cache Size: 256 MB
- Disk Speed: 5400 rpm
- Interface: SATA
- Advanced Format (AF): Yes
- Form Factor: 3.5-inch
- RoHS compliant: Yes
- Data Transfer Rate (Max) Buffer to Host: 6 Gb/s
- Data Transfer Rate (Max) Host to/from Drive (Sustained): 175 MB/s
- Cache (MB): 256MB
- Rotational Speed (RPM): 5400 RPM Class
- Load/Unload Cycles: 300,000
- Non-Recoverable Read Er roes Per Bits Read: <1 in 10^14
- 12VDC ±10% (A, peak): 1.75
- Average Power Requirements (W) Read/Write: 5.3
- Average Power Requirements (W) Idle: 3.4
- Average Power Requirements (W) Standby/Sleep: 0.4
- Temperature (°C) Operating: O to 60
- Temperature (°C) Non-Operating: -40 to 70
- Shock (Gs) Operating (2 ms, write): 30
- Shock (Gs) Operating (2 ms, read): 65
- Shock (Gs) Non-Operating (2 ms): 250
- Acoustics (dBA) Seek (average): 28
- Acoustic (dBA) Idle: 25